Natural Health Remedies For Joint Pain
Today’s markets are flooded with dozens of joint pain relievers but most of them have adverse side effects. That is why more and more people are now considering alternative therapies and natural health remedies for joint pain. There are a number of herbal products and natural health remedies that can help relieve that cranky and debilitating joint pain and inflammation.
Recent revelations show that these valuable natural health remedies and medications can be the best therapy if tailored to your individual case. Here, we are presenting general but useful information about some therapies and natural health remedies for joint pain.
1. Omega-3 fatty acids act as anti- inflammatory supplement to decrease pain and swelling. You can find them in fish oils which are the best source of omega-3, but they can also be found in walnut, flaxseed, borage, grape-seed and primrose oils. Take one tablespoon of oil or 2-3 capsules two times daily.
2. A healthy vegetarian diet low in arachidonic acid and high in calcium and vitamin B complex also reduces pain significantly. These natural health remedies include such things as dark green leafy vegetables, garlic, shiitake mushroom, whole grains and fresh fruits (especially pineapple, papaya, strawberries, blueberries and cranberries as these are antioxidant compounds).
3. Many studies have shown that ginger also acts as a natural active compound to reduce joint pain and inflammation in people with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. You can use it in any form such as capsules, extract, powder and tincture.
4. Adequate amounts of vitamin D (400 to 600 IU of vitamin D) tend to keep cartilage healthy; has been shown in numerous studies of Arthritis and Rheumatism.
5. Nettle Leaf, Cayenne, Devil’s Claw, bromelain, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), turmeric (Curcuma longa), and Boswellia serrata are powerful antioxidants and natural health remedies for joint pain as they have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
6. S-adenosymethionine or SAMe is a proven one of the natural health remedies for joint pain that is produced naturally in the body. It increases the production of bone and cartilage supporting molecules.
7. Some studies have found that heat application to the aching joint can give temporary relief and comfort which can be provided by hot-water bottles, electric heating pads, heat lamps and ointments or massage that soothes pain and stiffness of osteoarthritis by supplying heat.
8. Hydrotherapy or hot or cold water compressing treatments is another easy ways to relieve stiffness and pain of joints but apply it very carefully.
Each of these herbs and supplements act differently but they can work synergistically if used carefully and wisely in combination rather than individually. Contact your natural health practitioner to determine which of these natural health remedies for joint pain might be suitable for your health regimen in your particular case.
This article is intended to provide assistance and information to people who are interested in learning more about natural remedies. It should not be used as a basis for any form of diagnosis or treatment for any medical condition. Always seek professional medical advice.
J. D. Sanders is a successful Webmaster and publisher of Natural Health Remedies where you can find even more information on treating various conditions the natural way for you to research at your leisure.